Ignacio Aguirre Ruiz, born in Barcleona in 1953, began his career in the world of engraving in the Editorial Gustavo Gili , where the work in this one alternated with the Engraving and Stamping studies at the Conservatory of Book Arts (Barcelona). After finishing his studies, he collaborates as an engraver and stamper in the atelier of Joan Barbarà until, in 1986, he open his own workshop of Engraving and Stamping Techniques in the center of Barcelona.
During his career, he has worked with different national and international artists, and has collaborated in the production of engravings and in the printing of books for artists such as: Joan Miró, Antoni Tàpies, Eduardo Chillida, Victor Mira, Eduardo Arroyo, Sean Scully, Ferdinand Finne…
After 50 years of experience behind him, he continues active in the studio in the heart of Barcelona, to few minutes from such emblematic places as the Liceo, MACBA… For some years, his son Ignasi Aguirre has continued with the tradition working with Ignacio; learning and being a support for the artists who work in the workshop.
EXPERIENCE AND COLLABORATIONS
- “Estampas de la Cometa" for arists such as: Antoni Tápies, Joan Miró, Eduardo Chillida, M.Miralles, H.Hartung, A.Saura…
- Aritst Book "El Càntic del Sol” – Joan Miró.
- Aritst Book "Lapidari” – Joan Miró.
- Aritst Book "Llull” – Antoni Tápies.
- Aritst Book "Les Estacions” – Joan Brossa y Antoni Tápies.
- Aritst Book "Sombreros para Alicia” – Eduardo Arroyo.
- Aritst Book "Mouvement Perpetuel” – Floreal.
- Aritst Book "La Nina Encantada” – Victor Mira.
- Aritst Book "Beethowen 5ª Sinfonía” – Victor Mira.
- Aritst Book "100 imágenes de África” – Victor Mira.
- Serie “50 Gravats” – Antoni Tápies – Galería Maeght.
- Serie “Gaudí” – Joan Miró – Galería Maeght
- Artist Folder "5 poemes objecte” – Joan Brossa
EXHIBITIONS AND COURSES
- 1993 - Engraving Exhibition at La Casa de la Cultura in El Masnou - Barcelona
- 1994 - Engraving Exhibition in Art Club 63 - Jaén
- 1996 - 14 Series Original Etchings "Flint Scenes" to Commemorate the celebration of the XXV Anniversary of SHINTO TSUSHIN Co. LTP - Japan
- 1996 - Permanent artist at the Contemporary Graphic Art Foundation - Editorial Mamagraf (Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Frankfurt)
- 1997 - Artist's Book "Images of Bulls and Bullfighters"
- 2001- Selected for the National Engraving Prize. Included in the Catalog with exhibitions in Valladolid (2001) and Madrid (2002)
- 2004 - Course on Additive Techniques and Sulfur Etching -La Casa de Goya - Fuendetodos
- 2014 - Engraving Exhibition - Sandvika, Norway
- 2017 - Course of Etching and other techniques - Inderøya, Norway